Saturday, December 10, 2005

Parry Mince Pie

After some minor trouble with getting Alicia organised for her fortnightly visit to her Mother, including a last minute search for her phone which actually turned out to have been in her bag all along, we set off for the sword whores' christmas party and fencing fun day, and most excellent fun it was too. I arrived just in time for the random weapon tourney which was surreal in some of the combinations that came up - Luisa was stuck with just a buckler on both of her bouts and I fell victim to the SPOON of DOOM! on my fight with Burgi ... congratulations to Dave for winning the tourney overall.

After that, we got stuck into the food and the Prof's sword film trivia quiz with questions and film clips ranging from the obscure to the ridiculous, with some hilariously bad films in amongst the classics (Barbarian Revenge, anyone?). Kat, Rick and Charles won this one with a combination of knowledge and some inspired guess work. I was relieved to find that I wasn't the only person in the world ever to have seen 'Hawk the Slayer' though ... :-)

Finally, we finished the day with some more bulldog with random weapons, all in melees and 2 vs 2 combats. I discovered that I quite like using cloak and dagger as a weapon combination, and that rapier and dagger is probably my off hand weapon of choice. SUPERACEBEST fun and I think that we all worked off some of the calories that we had stuffed into our faces earlier on.

Thanks to everybody for pitching in with food, fellowship and fun, and special thanks to Burgi and the Prof for a year of excellent fencing tuition. Salute!

1 comment:

creepylesbo said...

Have you been evacuated, neil?