Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tired

This week has really taken it out of me. I stumble out of bed at six in the morning, walk through the pitch blackness of the woods with the dog, slog through a day of work, out in the woods again and it seems that I haven't forgotten what blue skies and sunshine are like. For the last two nights I have fallen asleep on the sofa and then woken up not knowing where I am. I feel like I am marking time until the turning of the year and the return of the light.

We've just had an email from our Chief Exec - we are in talks with another company with a view to being acquired. I'm not entirely sure what it means for us - there's no immediate threat to jobs or anything, and from my point of view there will be a shed load of work to do on integration for company systems. I should get a good price for my shares as well - twice what they were last year (but half what they were at the top of the dot com bubble). Akkk, I don't know - it all feels like more upheaval to my preferred quiet life of noodling away with systems and carving myself a little niche of indispensibility.

I just want to run away to a little town with blue skies and friendly faces in Animal Crossing and stay there until spring time ...

No comments: