Thursday, April 28, 2011

Three Guitar Special

A rather paltry three day week back in the office has still managed to leave me feeling like I've been trampled by a herd of elephants on their way to the nearest supermarket offering two for one deals on bananas. Or something. Mind you, in three days we've had to deal with a system upgrade, documenting said upgrade and prep for a demo next week, with half the office on holiday taking advantage of the extended break.

In other words, I am ready for another long weekend, please and thank you, and gawd bless Wills and Kate for the extra day off.

I've applied the latest Ubuntu Release Natty Narwhal to my linux box, and very shiny it is too. Firefox 4, Libre Office, Banshee music player and the Unity desktop manager all add up to a very nice package. It seems very snappy on this aging system, and I really like the new task manager which keeps out of the way and offers the whole screen to play with easy switching between different workspaces - handy for my Java development environment.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Now I know how to pronounce Ubuntu, after hearing your audioboo. :) I wish we'd gotten the day off for the royal wedding. I'm all for a monarchy if it makes extra holidays.