Thursday, October 07, 2010

Tiger Feet

A slight nip in the air first thing, followed by glorious sunshine and blue skies. I could get used to this sort of weather, I think.

I had my first OU anxiety dream last night. I realised that I had signed up to a level two maths course, but I hadn't started on time and was struggling to catch up on several weeks of study. I don't know why I should be worrying, as I'm comfortably on top of the M255 work so far and I'm already finding the methodology of thinking about objects to be very useful in looking at problems at work which are mainly down to the way our systems have been hacked around in a very non-object orientated sort of way.

Into town at lunch time, to take advantage of the fine weather and to do a bit of shopping. Leeds city centre in the middle of the day is a bit of wretched hive of scum and villainy though, with some very shady looking characters standing outside some of the pubs. On the way back to the office a drunk, toothless Scotsman tried to say something to me, but I honestly could not understand a word he was saying. Most disturbing, not to say sad.

In eyelash news, a bit of random googling last night (not usually a good idea for health problems, I know) produced a bit of advice so glaringly obvious that I hadn't thought of it. Apparently the thing to do is gently pull out any loose lashes with thumb and forefinger as a preventative measure before they fall off and get stuck under the lid. My first go at this removed quite a few loose lashes but the ones that are still there seem to be a bit more firmly attached. Hopefully this will help, either that, or I will end up with bald eyelids.

In games news, Pocket Frogs seems to be a bit more stable after the latest update including Game Centre integration of leaderboards and friends lists. I'm still enjoying the process of catching 'em all and working through the challenges, even if the Froggydex percentage reports rather worryingly that I have only seen 3% of the 14,000 and some possible species in the game. Good fun, and well worth a go if you haven't downloaded it yet. Achievements today include getting eight Tangelo Albeo Calyx and eight Black Tingo Viduos for the Tiger Style and Black Widows awards respectively.

No comments: