Monday, June 28, 2010

Beware of the Flowers (cos I'm sure they're gonna get you, yeah!)

Weather : still hot.

After a gloriously warm weekend, it was a bit odd to be back in an air conditioned office this morning and I only noticed quite how hot it was today when I left work and went out into the car park. Thankfully my car has a pretty decent air con as well and it didn't take too long to get it down to a comfortable temperature for driving.

The muggy weather is taking its toll though. I've not been sleeping particularly well and I was nodding off halfway through the film we were watching last night. Perhaps I should have had a nap on Sunday afternoon rather than watching the football? I don't think that I would have missed much. On a side note, it's slightly sad to see how quickly all of the England flags on the street have been taken down out of shame at their lackluster performance. I thought that being a fan was supporting your team through thick and thin, not just in the glory days?

In app store news, I picked up an app called 'Flower Garden' a while ago in which you plant seeds, water them so they don't dry out and watch as they grow into flowers that you can cut and send as a bouquet via email.

It occurs to me today that it is actually a level based RPG of sorts. The object is to level up your collection (i.e. party) of flowers (i.e. characters) until they max out (i.e. are fully grown. Each type of flower is a different character class, and you can unlock different seeds for achieving particular goals, such as growing a flower or sending a certain number of bouquets. I don't know what triggered this particular train of thought, but I clearly have too much time on my hands to ponder such things.

No comments: