Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The White Room

I miss the snow.

There, I've said it. I don't miss the slippery roads and bone chilling cold, but I do miss the clean blanket of white, reflecting the sky and lighting up the world. Since the thaw it seems that the everything has reverted to a uniform shade of grey, with no sign of the green of spring to be seen as yet. I really am looking forward to a serious bit of sunshine and warmth.

The weather matches my mood. Not miserable so much as flat. I've been waking up in the night again recently, from strange dreams of floods and journeys. It seems that my energy levels have reached a plateau again too, although it is hard to be objective. Not so much a blue Monday as a weary Wednesday.

A bit of an odd occurrence at home today. We don't know what happened exactly, but it looks like Barney has chewed out the corner of a foam mattress on the sofa bed in the study. He's not been destructive before, apart from scratching at a door when he gets shut into a room by accident, so it's very unusual behaviour for him. The cats usually sleep in that room though, and there was a dead mouse in the kitchen, so it's possible they were chasing it around and Barney decided that he wanted to join in somehow.

No comments: