Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Daily Post - Wednesday

Crikey, it's warm out there.

OK, so 26 degrees isn't hugely hot in the grand scheme of things, but I'm melting at the moment and very grateful for the grapefruit juice, soda and ice that I've got at my elbow. Still, a BBQ is on the cards tonight which will mean a frozen daiquiri or somesuch and then beer chilled to within a whisper of freezing point.

Telly last night was good. I'm really enjoying Big Brother at the moment, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Allowing the housemates to openly discuss nominations has really opened the game up to the Machiavellian types. It's almost a shame that Bea looks like being a dead cert to go on Friday - the one thing BB needs is a good villain - but it will be fun all the same, I think. The other highlight last night was Charlie Brooker's 'You Have Been Watching'. I was initially sceptical about the panel show format being a good vehicle for Charlie Brooker's acidic humour, but I'm happy to have been proven wrong. Last night's show had a particularly good dissection of an atrocious American (where else?) series called 'Bibleman' which is as bad as it sounds. Good stuff.

No Wii Fit this morning (slap wrists, I know) but I made up for it by giving the living room rug a damn good cleaning with the carpet shampoo machine to get the accumulated animal hairs out. The day was warm and breezy enough for the rug to dry outside and the room no longer smells like a sweaty dog. Which is nice.

Podcast of the day was Freethought Radio with an interesting and rather worrying expose of a cultish evangelical organisation called 'The Family' in Washington DC that seemingly has its hooks deeply into the American political culture, organising things like Presidential prayer breakfasts and paying hush money to the mistresses of various congressmen to cover up affairs. This podcast can be a bit hit and miss - I tend to cringe when they start playing atheist folk music - but this was a good episode.

Right, time to don the trusty Panama and take el Doggo for his statutory walkies. Hasta luego, chums!

No comments: