Monday, August 17, 2009

Daily Post - Monday

I still haven't quite adjusted to being on holiday this week, but I think I'm getting there. It's been another gloriously sunny afternoon and I'm currently sat with the patio doors open enjoying the warm breeze blowing through the house.

I managed half an hour on Wii fit this morning - something that I haven't done in far too long. A spot of yoga, some jack knife sit ups, rhythm boxing, downhill slalom and to finish with I can exclusively report that I am still a zen grandmaster at the art of sitting on my arse for three minutes. After that, we took advantage of the builders skip that is outside our house to dump some rubbish from out of the garage and also took a load of cardboard for recycling at the dump.

Jamie is feeling a bit poorly with a cold at the moment, so I bought him Trials HD on Xbox to cheer him up a bit. He's always been a fan of the riding-trials-bikes-over-ludicrous-obstacles genre of video games, so this one is right up his street. I had a brief go myself and it looks like fun, with the major benefit being instant restarts for any section. Very shiny ragdoll physics as well.

Podcast of the day is the debut for the excellent Afternoon Tea with Richard Wiseman in which he interviews magician and sceptic Pete Firmin about his Edinburgh show. I've also started listening to The Great Gatsby, the next entry in my brief Great American Novels reading series, and enjoying it immensely.

Ah, apparently the electrician is coming to move some sockets, so the power will be off for a bit, so iPhone here I come.

No comments: