Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Motorways and mp3s

I've had a reasonably productive day today, ticking off most of the things on my list in preparation for the big merge at the weekend. Hopefully I will be able to use the down time whilst the accounts systems are off line to catch up on some other work that I've got pending rather than my usual habit of leaving everything to the deadline.

The journey home was a slog though. Everything ground to a halt a frustrating 15 miles from home leaving the traffic crawling for no apparent reason - whatever the blockage was had been cleared by the time I got to junction 33 an hour later than normal. Still, at least it gave me the chance to finish listening to The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins on audiobook. This is a profoundly inspirational book, moving and passionately argued that deserves a proper review once I've had time to mull it over. In a world where suicide bombers kill dozens every day, school pupils in government funded schools in the north of England are taught that the world is 6000 years old and the president of the USA believes that god tells him to invade countries, the need for passionate atheism is as great as at any point in history.

No comments: