Thursday, April 20, 2006

Compact and Bijou Rantettes

  • I filled up my car yesterday - 98.9 a litre for diesel, up at least a stonking five percent from the last time I filled up two weeks ago. I put fifty quids worth in, and that wasn't even a full tank because I still had at least twenty litres still in there. Whatever happened to all of the fuel protesters who were so upset when the price went up to 80p a couple of years ago? Oh, and another thing - why the pointless .9 of a penny thing on the price? Even if I put fifty litres in, that's still only five pence in the total.
  • My wellies have sprung a leak. That's the second pair of green wellies that I've had from Homebase - that's Homebase, suppliers of rubbish wellington boots to the hoi polloi if anybody is googling this - that have lasted less than a year. Pathetic.
  • The consultant from the software company that supplied our purchase ordering system hasn't been back in touch regarding the problem we were having yesterday. The problem went away mysteriously this morning, but we've still got another bug that requires rebooting the server several times a day. Rubbish.
  • The internet seems slow today.
  • It's honkin it down with rain.
  • I've got a mouth ulcer to go with my sore toe and aching teeth.

On the positive side, Jan has done a fantastic job of decorating the dining room, so yay!

1 comment:

creepylesbo said...

what are you doing in your wellies to go through them so quick?