Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Snow Day

Yay! A dusting of snow outside, and the world is transformed into a magical place, somewhere between Narnia and Moominland Midwinter. I haven’t had a skiing dream for a while, but I think I might tonight – it’s that mix of freedom and exhilaration. Bright blue skies, crisp air and dazzling snow. Yum.

I am well and truly into holiday mode now and feeling very relaxed. Nowhere to go, nothing in particular to do and no need to rush. Boxing day night was fun – we were invited to Kat, Rachel and Luisa’s house for food, fun and frolics with party pieces, silly presents and more food on top of the previous day’s excess. Yum again.

Yesterday was a mix of playing Animal Crossing (waves at Sue who came to visit and watch Casualty at the same time) and Gun – an ultra violent third person western adventure which is like Grand Theft Auto remade by Sam Peckinpah – Grand Theft Horse-o perhaps? Yum cubed.

Today will be more of the same …. ahhhh.

1 comment:

creepylesbo said...

Thank you for the Moomin mention. That made me giggle. That show always gave me the absolute heebie jeebies though. I liked the moomins but their humanish friends were just evil looking.