Thursday, September 15, 2005

Knackered

I'm well and truly knackered tonight. The day started early, walking the dog in the rain a little after six o'clock, crowbarring Alicia out of bed in time to drop her at the bus stop and then heading onto the motorway just in time to hear that it was completely shut at junction 26 due to some sort of high speed chase and fatal shoot out. Blimey - is this Grand Theft Auto : M1 or what? Mind you, if they did do a UK version it would be full of contraflows, coned off lanes, lorry drivers hogging the middle lane, bikers undertaking you just as you are about to change lanes, BMWs driving right on your rear bumper in a queue of traffic and of course, massively overpriced petrol so you can't afford to drive anywhere. As you might guess, I didn't have the best journey down to the Birmingham office this morning ...

When I got there, it was straight into a project meeting for our new web based purchase ordering system that we are implementing before the end of the year. It's good software, but the air conditioning in the room wasn't working and the atmosphere was extremely stuffy and humid and by mid afternoon I was seriously struggling to stay awake. We were supposed to finish at four o'clock, but my pointy haired boss managed to turn a ten minute wrap up into another three quarters of an hour of pointless waffle and by the time I managed to escape the motorway was crawling with rush hour traffic again.

At least the car was cooler than the office, and I perked up a bit listening to the new Milton Jones series on radio 4 as I plowed through the rain on my way home. I got back at half past seven, and I'm ashamed to say I really couldn't face going out in the darkness and rain to walk the dog again, even though he was looking me with his "I'm being murdered" face.

Time for a strong cup of coffee, methinks ...

1 comment:

creepylesbo said...

I'll have to catch that on Listen again as I was at work.
How was Ms Chazen?