Saturday, July 02, 2005

So tired ...

After spending what seemed like most of Tuesday in a traffic jam, I got to do it all again on Wednesday and Thursday. I was working down in Staffordshire, putting together a spec for the order processing system that it now looks as if we are going to write ourselves rather than buy. Unfortunately the route took me back through that same stretch of roadworks on the M1, and although the mornings weren’t too bad, relatively speaking, the return journeys were murder – at least ten miles of crawling traffic both times.

Yesterday, I was busy too – up at six to catch up on the washing and hoovering that I hadn’t had a chance to do in the week. Master Dogwood had his sports day, so I used my lunch hour to walk along to the school to watch some of the events. The day was muggy and a little overcast, but the kids seemed to be having a whale of a time. I went home to do an hour’s work before returning to pick himself up – his team had won a gold medal (sticker) for winning the hoop race so he was pleased with that. More work, and an irritating problem dumped on me at five to five – an out of balance journal which I tracked back to negative credit lines in a sales invoice batch. Finally, cut the grass, get the washing in, do some ironing and finally flake out in front of the tv with a glass of something cold, fizzy and alcoholic.

No comments: