Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Flannel

I wrote to my new MP. Angela Smith, MP for Hillsborough, and she replied. I raised my concerns about ID cards and she replied with the usual flannel about biometrics being proven technology (but not that they are proven not to work 10% of the time) and the government being confident of getting the system right first time (just like they haven’t managed to do with every other IT system so far). So far, so nu-labour aparachtik, and not really a huge surprise by any stretch of the imagination.

You know the worst thing though, the very worst thing about this letter? Not the flannel, not the smug complacency, not the party line drafted by some faceless spin doctor somewhere.

No.

I quote -

I along with other MP’s have raised this issue …

Apart from the missing commas and the pompously split infinitive, it’s the grocer’s apostrophe. Grrrrr. Will she voting in favour of ID card’s in the house of commons tonight?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tne grocer's apostrophe! Off with her head!