Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Yesterday

Yesterday was a long day.

I seem to be waking up with the dawn at the moment, and then watching the alarm clock until it's just about to sound at six o'clock. The holiday weekend seemed a long way away in the cold morning light, and even further away when I got onto the motorway to find it crawling for much of the journey to Birmingham. Still, I timed my arrival for the morning coffee run and I got through the work I needed before the web meeting in the afternoon.

The more we see of the American system, the more I like it. Even asking them about a new accounting standard for estimating revenue left on projects didn't faze them and they were able to demonstrate a way of dealing with it, with less than ten minutes of setting up. There are still politics about the in-house system though, which could be awkward.

I didn't leave the office until after five, but the traffic was flowing much more smoothly and the drive in the may sunshine was about as good as it gets. I listened to first episode of the new Hitchhiker's serial on the radio on the way, and it was much more enjoyable than the film promises to be. I'm not sure if we'll even bother with going to the cinema to see it - tickets for four of us, with popcorn and drinks on top, devour the better part of twenty five quid which is probably twice the cost of the dvd when it comes out.

I didn't feel too tired when I was sat on the sofa watching tv, but the next I knew it was after eleven and I had zonked out again, too tired to put the cats out who then went on to wake us up at five o'clock this morning, scratching the carpet for attention. It's a vicious circle ...

No comments: