Thursday, May 05, 2005

Users - don't talk to me about users ...

"I need to look at the pricelist database - where is it?"
"It should be copied automatically to your local disk - just have a look in your pricelist folder"
"OK - oh, it's coming up funny"
"What do you mean 'funny'?"
"There aren't any menus"
"OK, it might have lost the switchboard form - just click on the 'forms' button"
"I can't see a forms button"
"OK, let me check the master copy of the database on the server ... hmmm, looks ok to me. Can you download it again please?"
"It's still coming up the same"
"Can you send me a screen shot so I can see what's happening? ... Ah, the problem is that you are trying to open an Access database in Excel. Can you just find the database in explorer and open it like that"
"Oh, it's working now"

~heavy sigh~

1 comment:

maria said...

We have a saying in mexico -it's quite possibly universal- I don't mind idiots, just don't have me close to them.

But they are everywhere, aren't they?