Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A man's gotta do ...

I was still feeling rough, but I'd already arranged a meeting with one of the directors to sort out the reports for the timesheet system, so off to Leeds it was. I got about half way there when the snow started to fall and everything ground to a halt - the roads were clear, but the mere sight of a snowflake is enough to paralyze the whole of the motorway network. I was crawling along for about half an hour and was starting to wonder if I'd get to the office on time when I got a call from the guy I was supposed to be meeting, and it turned out that he was even further back in the traffic jam than I was.

Still, I got there in one piece and the meeting was productive, but come lunchtime I didn't feel like walking into Leeds to buy sushi so I was stuck with going to the local Boots for their very meagre selection of sandwiches (and they overcharged me for the so called, self styled 'meal deal' offer). No, I haven't got an advantage card either. Grrr.

No comments: