Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The coughing that carried him off

I'd not been feeling too bad for the last couple of days - well enough to go fencing on Sunday afternoon and last night, but the cold now seems to have mutated into a chest infection. I've got a hacking cough that feels like the lining of my lungs is being scrubbed with a brillo pad. I'd dosed myself up with lemsips again for the drive to Birmingham and back, but they'd worn off by the time I got back home.

I went upstairs to listen to the radio and fell asleep on the bed, waking up after half an hour shivering and feeling awful. Not good.

Sorry for the winging post. Normal service will be resumed as soon as the drugs start working.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The drugs don't work.

maria said...

better yet? G0d I hope you are better! Get plenty of rest!

Mr Peacock said...

Get well soon... Chicken soup is my suggestion BTW