Thursday, January 20, 2005

Blow winds, and crack your cheeks

Well, crack something, at any rate. The winds were gusting something fierce last night and the wood was littered with broken branches this morning. I kept looking around nervously at any sound of creaking, but I didn't get hit by anything. A couple of ridge tiles had blown off the house at the end of the street, leaving shattered bits of red tile spread across the road. I don't know if it hit the car that's normally parked there or not.

It was Master Dogwood's turn to be poorly again today, and I brought home after I'd dropped Ms off, with only a diversion via the garage for some extortionately priced Nurofen for kids sachets. He'd perked up lunchtime, and then I got a call from Ms on the way home from school because the roof had blown off one of the buildings. No idea if the school will be open tomorrow, or for which age groups yet.

2 comments:

creepylesbo said...

Roof blown off? Sounds more like a suspicious explosion originating in the area of the science labs, to me...
;-)
The suff kid's dreams are made of! A day off due to bad weather! Woo.

creepylesbo said...

The translation posts on Emma's guestbooks were just inspired. *chuckles away*