Wednesday, January 19, 2005

55

Another early start on a damp and bitterly cold morning. It was still dark as I headed towards the motorway and I wasn't really paying attention to the traffic coming the other way. Out of the corner of my eye I clocked a plate - it looked like a 55 but I wasn't really sure. I didn't get a clear view of it, and it was muddy as well, so I decided to not count it as a proper spot.

I was in mortal fear of spotting a 56 which would have given me a real dilemma, but as I approached the M6 coming into Birmingham I saw another fleeting glimpse of a 55. This was getting silly. I stuck to my guns and didn't count that one either. I was rewarded for my faith with a clear and unambiguous spot of a 55 just before I got to the office, and another one as I went to get a sandwich at lunchtime (they had Cheese and Tomato - yay!). All hail the gods of CNPS.

Bizarre sight of the day : a kitchen sink on the inside lane of the motorway.

1 comment:

creepylesbo said...

Was it undertaking you?
*chuckles*