Saturday, January 08, 2005

Ahhhh

It's the second saturday of the month so that means Rapier workshop, and by golly it was a good one. I really feel that I am making progress each month as the different elements come together - the footwork, the wards, the parries and the cuts. We are now able to help each other and spot and correct some of our weaknesses and I think that the Sheffield chapter has a solid core from which to develop.

I really could have done without the phone call at six o'clock this morning (which I will blog about elsewhere), but as soon as I picked up my sword today, all was right with the world. I'm now back at home, tired but very happy. I've just had a walk with the dog, followed by a hot bath with a G&T. Life doesn't get any better ...

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Good plan. After all, if you'd have had a walk with a G&T and a hot bath with the dog, you'd probably have spilled the former and confused the hell out of the latter! ;o)