Thursday, December 16, 2004

If this is Thursday, this must be Leeds

Leeds again today, and I didn't even bother trying to get a space in the main car park, so I left the motorway one junction further up and went straight to the overflow car park instead. I walked into town at lunch time and made the mistake of getting my sushi from Pret a Manger rather than Little Tokyo - it was cheaper, but nowhere near as nice - the rice was dry and crumbly, and the rolls were smaller and not as interesting. The only saving grace was the wasabi which was fresh and eye wateringly hot. Not recommended.

I found a suitable book as a Christmas present for my nephew in Waterstones, and then went on a fruitless quest for chocolate covered cherries for Mrs Dogwood. No joy, not even in the Thornton's shop which had a very disappointing selection of chocolately comestibles on offer. Still, that's the last of the Christmas shopping done. We've got a big shop arriving from Tescos next Wednesday, and I suppose that there might be some odds and ends to buy if something is not in stock, but I think that we are all set.


No comments: