Saturday, December 11, 2004

Duel

My opponent was young - less than half my age, I reckoned. He was fast and agressive, moving quickly round the room. I held him at bay with a ward in seconde - my blade held palm down, low and with my tip trained on his throat. I let him dance around me for a while, gauging his measure and threw a few stocatta lunges under his blade to see how he would react.

I could see him start to tire of the game, as his attacks became less controlled and wilder. Time to finish this dance. I lowered my ward to a dropped point seconde and took a half step backwards. He went for the open line, lunging at my shoulder but I was ready for him. I took a slope pace to the right, held the flat of his sword with my gauntleted left hand to deflect it over my shoulder and locked the line of my sword in my right hand, hitting him straight and true in the heart.

Touche!

No comments: