Sunday, November 21, 2004

0MG!! LAM3R N00B!!!

I was feeling pretty hacked off about Halo 2 last night. I played a couple of head to head slayer games against opponents who were supposedly matched to my skill level and, to put it mildly, I got creamed. 10-0 on one match and 10-1 on the next one, and I only got the kill in that by blowing us both up with a grenade. What am I doing wrong? If I'm skill level one why am I facing people who can run rings around me? I tried hiding in a corner, moving around stealthily and finally running round like a maniac and when I come face to face with somebody they kill me with one shot. What am I missing? Is there some really obvious tactic or bit of advice that I should follow, or does shooting an entire clip from the SMG at somebody really not kill them?

I played a bit more of the single player game this morning (still savouring it), and then got an invite to a game with a couple of the UGVX clan. This has restored my faith in the game. We started with some slayer games - the phantoms one was fantastic, and I got a couple of good kills sneaking up on people, oddball on Beaver Creek and then an excellent 3 vs 2 game of capture the flag on Coagulation which saw me doing my usual mind the flag duties and which we won 3-1.

Thanks guys!

No comments: