Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Down and out in Dudley and Sheffield

Two days down in Brum this week, and they didn't get off to the best of starts with a three hour trip on Tuesday morning. There are roadworks just off Junction 28 and traffic stacks back to Sheffield on most days. Ho hum.
 
Work has been heads down, no time to draw breath with setting up on the new purchase ordering system as well as the usual slew of support and analysis reports to run. I didn't leave until after half past six, and it's a good job that I checked my hotel booking because I found out that Expotel had booked me for next week, not this. I rang them up and they were able to get me into the hotel across the road rather than the Copthorne, so I didn't get a swim or any wifi access last night.
 
I was knackered as well. I had something to eat and a pint in the bar before going up to my room to watch tv, but I fell asleep on the bed straight away, woke up briefly to struggle into my jim jams and then asleep again until the hotel central heating woke me up at half past five.

After another busy day I left at a little after four for a two and half hour drive home, a trudge round the woods in the icy moonlight with Barney the dog and then sit down with an appropriately theatrical sigh … aaaaah!

No comments: