Thursday, February 17, 2011

Breather

I seem to be a bit croaky again (and no, I don't think it's anything to do with yesterday's frog related shenanigans). If I talk for more than a couple of minutes, I start coughing and eventually end up sounding like Tom Waits on a bad day. I'm also starting to wonder if it is linked to my complete lack of energy even boosted by my light box in the evenings. Hmmm.

In other news, since getting the iPod interface in the new car I have been listening to a lot more music. I've set up a 'Not Heard Lately' smart playlist to pick out things that I haven't listened to recently and it has turned up some real gems including Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys, John Otway, Cabaret Voltaire, Nat Johnson and the aforementioned Tom Waits. I have a last.fm profile set up if anybody wants to take a nosy.

A bit of OU java work tonight, including some stuff on StringBuilder objects which are actually extremely useful for manipulating strings with lots of handy methods provided. I did manage to crash the IDE at one point trying to do a recursive search and replace function without checking if the new string was a sub string of the old string. Or something. I got it working in the end though.

No comments: