Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Wednesday Club

I had another bout of waking up feeling sick last night, and it took an hour of sitting up in bed before I stopped feeling queasy and was able to lie down again and go back to sleep. As a consequence, I felt rather sorry for myself when the alarm went off a couple of hours later, but I still managed to drag myself into work.

It was our divisional meeting today, and to summarize we have worked bloody hard this year and smashed the financial targets but still no mention of a potential payrise. Interesting approach to employee motivation. The fun part of the day was our Christmas quiz at the end which our team won through our superior knowledge of Christmas song lyrics (including the correct spelling of the band 'Wizzard') earning a small box of chocolates as our prize.

In other news, I have spent the last two and a half hours trying to clean up and update Jamie's Vista based system which was a painfully slow and awkward process. There were a whole bunch of unused programs to uninstall and they all had a different uninstaller and an irritating screen flash before they could be deleted. It's much easier on OS/X where all you have to do is drag them into the recycle bin. Well, it's done now and I think the last lot of windows updates should be downloading.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Hey, congratulations on the small box of chocolates. :-) Sorry you had a bad night, though. Hope tonight is better. I also need to recover some lost sleep tonight. Fingers crossed.