Sunday, October 03, 2010

The View From The Afternoon

A wet start to the day, with the rain coming down in stair-rods until later on in the mid afternoon. Not bad, on the whole.

The morning was taken up with working through unit one of M255, which was an introduction to the basics of object oriented programming. I'm comfortable with most of the terminology and concepts already, so this was reasonably straight forward. I've installed the course software on my windows PC which is a pain to use, but I've got time to get the development environment set up on Ubuntu instead.

After that, I settled down with a gingerbread latte, a double choc cookie, my lumie light to chase away the gloom and a copy of Rachel Green's new book Screaming Yellow on my Kindle. I happily polished off a quarter of the book in one sitting and I'm really enjoying it so far, even if some of the BDSM scenes are a bit hair raising. It's a bit like an especially saucy episode of Midsomer Murders with mysterious deaths and tangled relationships in a sleepy little village. Good fun, and an absolute bargain for the princely sum of £3.24 on the Kindle store.

2 comments:

Rachel Green said...

I'm utterly honoured, dear chap. Thank you for the faith in me :)

DK said...

How fabby! :-)