Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peace Frog

It seems as if my prediction of the imminence of Autumn was on the mark. I opened the door this morning to a world so gloomy and dank that the dog took one look and went straight back to bed. Oddly enough the roads were relatively clear compared to the last couple of days and I was at my desk for twenty five past eight.

At work I have been trying to get my head around the HMRC specs for end of year submissions where the file is split into sections that are sent sequentially. It's a tricky bit of functionality and it doesn't help my concentration when I'm getting interrupted by other issues or phones going off with 'amusing' ringtones. Grrr.

In OU news, I now have my tutor for my next course, so it's all systems go. It seems ages since I sent off my last submissions, so I need to get myself back into study mode and sort out my work space. Bring it on!

In games news, I seem to have caught the Pocket Frogs bug. It's the sort of thing that can be played in short bursts, checking back to see if the froglets that you want have hatched out yet. I got to level five by randomly breeding different species, based on interesting looking patterns and colours, but I've now found the list of cheevos to aim for which give targets such as breeding eight yellow Tingo Anuras at once or getting a rainbow selection of Albeo Anuras. Oddly compelling, in a Pokemon 'gotta catch em all' sort of style, but relaxing too when hopping around the pond hunting flies and looking for presents.

No comments: