Monday, September 06, 2010

The Other Side of Summer

In a perfect storm of reasons to feel sorry for myself, I'm back in the office tomorrow, it's dark and stormy outside and I seem to have caught a cold. Oh well, worse things happen at sea I suppose.

In better news, we watched the Blu-Ray of Watchmen last night on the new telly and I was mightily impressed. The picture is extraordinarily vivid and clear and it's probably as close to watching a film at the cinema at home as we are likely to get, but without the overpriced popcorn and half an hour of adverts and trailers before the film. I have now swapped all of the choices on my Lovefilm list to Blu-Ray discs.

The free app of the day today is Tower Madness which is an excellent example of the tower defense genre (bet you never would have guessed) with marauding flying saucers attempting to kidnap sheep. Bright, cartoony graphics and easy to control, and well worth picking up for a freebie.

No comments: