Thursday, April 01, 2010

Passing Lights

I noticed something unusual around half past ten last night.

It was the first time in months that I hadn't used my lumie light and I was feeling OK. I am able to come home from work, do an hour or so of OU work in my study and come downstairs before the sun sets. That'll do nicely, I think.

Work has been busy again today. I was deploying the software build on the test server and it went pretty much OK apart from one niggly process that refused to run, even though it was ok on our development machines. It took us until nearly half past five to resolve it, but we managed it in the end and as soon it flagged up as completing successfully I hit the power button and left the office before we could find anything else wrong.

Five days off now, and boy do I need them. It's been a real slog since Christmas, both with work and the various effects of my seasonal lack of energy, but I seem to be coming out the other side of it now at long last.

In games news, I am still enjoying Echo Bazaar. Every time I think I've had enough, I seem to unlock a new series of storylets to explore. After robbing the Brass Embassy last week, I switched to more dangerous pursuits as I duelled the various members of the order of the Black Ribbon finally defeating Feducci himself and reaping a reward of 4000 rostygold. Now it's time to visit the Shuttered Palace and see if I can inveigle my way into the Duchess's salon with my persuasive skills ...

No comments: