Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sharkey's Day

In the absence of anything from Lovefilm to watch, we plumped for The X-Files movie which has been sat on the hard drive of the Topfield for ages. For some reason I didn't get around to seeing this when it first came out, even though I was a huge fan of the X-Files at the time.

Unfortunately the whole thing was a bit of a confused mess that fell apart under the complexities of half a dozen different conspiracy theories, none of which made any sense. To pick just one example, if they (whoever 'they' were, which was never really explained) wanted to stop anybody from finding out about the bodies infected with the black oil/killer bee virus/alien embryos (or whatever it was) why didn't they just squirrel them away somewhere rather than issuing a bomb threat (which had the effect of summoning half the FBI) and blowing up a huge building, which didn't even have the effect of destroying the incriminating evidence? I think the X-Files was at its best confined to 45 minutes of hokum, once a week. Disappointing.

Today was mostly OU work, finishing off block 3, part one of T175 followed by a bit of M150. I'm comfortably on target for both courses and the end is in sight, so I need to start thinking about what I want to do next. I'll probably arrange to see a course advisor at the regional office to discuss my options, as it's all a bit confusing with the named degree paths changing at some point in the next couple of years.

No comments: