Monday, March 22, 2010

Search and Destroy

With the inevitability that comes from living in a linear timeframe, Monday rolled around this morning. Again.

At least I seem to be mostly sleeping through the night and then waking up slightly before the alarm as it starts to get light outside, which is a much better state of affairs for me than the trouble I was having a couple of months ago. I'm still feeling tired when I wake up, but I'm hopeful that will improve too.

A busy day at work, with a new person starting on our team. It's going to be a while before he gets up to speed but at least in the longer term he will be taking a bit of the current workload which we have been crunching with since the last developer left before Christmas. Which is nice.

An excellent episode of 'Wonders of the Solar System' last night, talking about the thin blue line of atmosphere that protects our fragile eco-system. The true wonder was the atmosphere on Titan which allows for lakes of liquid methane, as revealed by the Cassini mission and the incredible achievement of the Huygens lander. I remember following this on the internet as the mission unfolded, particularly the sounds that came back of wind blowing on an alien world.

In games news, just have a look at the score that Skyekat just racked up in this game of Words with Friends - wowzers.

Skyekat has just whupped my ass at #wordswithfriends - is 153... on Twitpic

1 comment:

will said...

We've just discovered "Wonders of the Solar System". It is absolutely brilliant! Will be showing episode one in the classroom sometime this week.