Sunday, March 28, 2010

Only Time

So summer time is here, and the livin' is easy. At least in theory.

I woke up this morning and was a bit disconcerted to see that according to the clock it was half past four and just starting to get light outside. It took me a while to twig that I had actually put it back an hour instead of forward - doh! Still, at least I am back to my proper body clock time now with lighter evenings to enjoy.

The walk in the woods was a bit on the stressful side. We were leaving the woods at the point where the path narrows with Barney on a short lead as usual, when a pair of loose dogs ran round the corner and one of them launched into a ferocious attack. The dog had hold of Barney on the back of his neck, making him yelp, and it seemed an age before the owner caught up and got it off. Fortunately Barney has a thick scruff and so the only injury he suffered was a scratch on his ear, but it could have been a lot worse. It frustrates me that people let their dogs off the lead when they don't have absolute control over them, particularly in narrow places where there is no opportunity to get out of the way.

No comments: