Friday, March 12, 2010

Live Fast

Crikey, it's been a busy week.

Going out three times in one seven day period might not seem like a lot to most people, but it is a lot more than I usually manage. We've had a shopping and coffee expedition last Sunday, followed by Skeptics in the Pub on Monday and then Richard Herrings last night, so I was rather glad of an extra hour in bed this morning.

Work today was adding a step into the payrun to allow calculation of tax on D0 codes on a cumulative basis rather than just week 1/month 1. Riveting stuff. I think I've cracked it, or at least got it to the stage where it can be tested on Monday morning. Not a bad point at which to close the working week I think.

In OU news, I got my M150 TMA back with 97% this time with the three marks only being dropped because I'd skipped a step in one of the questions. It's the first time I've had code that I've written come back with comments like 'Lovely' - nice to know that someone else appreciates elegant programming techniques.

In tech news, I saw a thing on the BT website that promised to increase our broadband speed. It's free to BT customers so I sent off for one, and it proved to be a replacement faceplate for the main phone socket that apparently cuts down on interference from extension lines in the house. It took a day or two for the speed to improve but by jiminy, it seems to have added an extra 1.5Mbs to our rather creaky connection. Hurrah!

It's Friday night, so that means Mojito time shortly!

No comments: