Saturday, February 27, 2010

My own sun

Weather, gray and miserable. Again.

I don't know why I feel the need to keep mentioning it, but I'll keep pointing it out in the vain hope that some weather god somewhere might take note and sort out some sunshine and blue skies for me, please and thank you. Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if magical thinking, in the sense of affecting the world simply by wishing that it were different, actually worked? Probably not though, and this has just reminded me that I really should re-read Ursula Le Guin's 'Lathe of Heaven' in which the protagonist has the power to literally reshape reality with his dreams.

I've felt at a bit of a loose end today, and found it difficult to sit down and summarize a forum discussion which is the last bit of my M150 TMA that I need to do. I'll sleep on it and get it done tomorrow, I think.

At least I've got some blue skies to cheer me up, if only in the virtual world of Animal Crossing. The snow has melted now and there should be some new fish appearing in March which will give me something to try and catch. I made another loss on turnips this week, but I've got a steady income from harvesting coconuts and beach combing for shells, so I think I'll just concentrate on saving up for that set of swanky expensive furniture from Gracie's store in the city.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Have you even *tried* making a human sacrifice?

I'm also enjoying spring time in Animal Crossing. I just got a golden shovel. But I've had no luck at all with the red turnips. I plant them, and they disappear. Any suggestions? I do water them. Have you tried putting white turnips on a table? I read this, but haven't figured out how to do it.

thermalsatsuma said...

I've grown red turnips a couple of times - I always give them three sprinkles from the can to make sure they are sufficiently watered every day and then dig them up on the Saturday to sell. I don't think the table trick works in City Folk - I seem to remember doing it on the original Game Cube version, I think.