Thursday, January 14, 2010

We come from the land of the ice and snow

Another icy day, and after checking the traffic flow on the M1 (still overloaded with cars from the blocked A628) and listening to the warnings about black ice on ungritted surfaces, and also taking into account the chesty cough that I seem to be coming down with I took an executive decision to work at home.

I ended up mostly remote desktopping to a customer site via a citrix connection, and as far as I can tell it makes no difference whether I do that from the office or at home in my slippers. It was a bit of frustrating process trying to switch on error logging for part of the application that is supposed to return a pdf version of a document from the image server into an embedded applet, but I think that I may have made some progress on it. I also need to do a technical review of a spec that needs working on as soon as possible.

The other benefit of working at home was downing tools at five, only to pick them up again and carry on with the remainder of my M150 TMA that is due in next week. Have I ever mentioned quite how cumbersome I find Harvard referencing? I think I need to do a big memo print out to stick on the wall with : Author surname + initial, (year), Title, [on-line], publisher, available from : [url], accessed on : date. I suppose I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Right, time for my daily dose of Animal Crossing. I'm getting a little antsy again because it is Thursday and I still haven't seen a good price for the 900 turnips I have in my upstairs room.

No comments: