Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meltdown

I was enjoying my morning cup of tea today when there was a crash from the front of the house.

It turned out to be one of the large icicles falling off and hitting the porch roof. Fortunately there was nobody underneath at the time, as several large chunks landed on the path. At least it seems to indicate that the snow is finally starting to thaw.

I drove down to the garage to get some petrol and some mushrooms for breakfast (well, the petrol was for the car, not for breakfast before you go getting the idea that I enjoy a nice cup of petrol on a Sunday morning). I had no trouble on the road, apart from a bit of wheelspin going over the speed bumps, but I think it will be mostly clear by tomorrow.

Back home for a nommy breakfast featuring said mushrooms (and not any petrol) and then a bit of a nap before making a start on the second TMA for my M150 course. I am pretty confident with this one all told, and we've now done all the sections necessary for me to complete it. I also hit the word count exactly on two of the longer answers without even trying, so I think I'm getting into the right frame of mind for this sort of thing.

I think it may well be time for a spot of Assassin's Creed II now. I've not played for a week and I feel the need to spend a little time climbing absurdly high towers in the Tuscan sunshine.

No comments: