Monday, January 18, 2010

How does it feel

Apparently, according to rigorous scientific analysis today is 'Blue Monday' - the most depressing day of the year. Supposedly, it's a combination of time since Christmas, broken resolutions, credit card bills from the festive spending spree arriving and poor weather, and not at all made up gubbins designed to fill a few newspaper columns on an otherwise slow day. I haven't noticed any particular difference, but I have had this song stuck in my head all day.

The dog didn't bark in the night last night, but I was still a bit spaced out at twenty past six this morning. I got onto the motorway by autopilot and then realised that I had no conscious memory of having put my laptop in the back of the car. Fortunately, it turned out that I did have it with me when I got to Leeds, but the gap was slightly worrying me. Obviously I've managed to kill a critical number of neurons over the weekend by drinking two pints of Speckled Hen instead of my usual one.

The sun made a brief appearance in the sky this morning which was most welcome, if somewhat short lived. I'm going to try and take a walk into town on a couple of days a week, weather permitting. I haven't updated my RunKeeper log in a while so it would be a good excuse to start using it again. I haven't weighed myself recently but I think that the healthy eating regime since Christmas is starting to have a positive effect on my waistline.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Blue Monday was a very nice day for us since it was a national holiday and coincidentally the weather was gorgeous. Your laptop incident is the kind of thing that happens to me pretty much every day of my life. I didn't think I'd killed off that many braincells in college, but I certainly haven't dedicated myself to the practice since those days. . .