Monday, December 07, 2009

Walking backwards to Christmas

Well, I make it two weeks to go to the solstice now - all of the glitter and tinsel of Christmas is nice enough, but the days starting to lengthen again is what I'm really looking forward to. Yes, I know it is going to a while before I see daylight at either end of my working day, but it's an important psychological turning point for me and I definitely think that my lights have helped this year.

A good film from Lovefilm last night - 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona', a tangled tale of love and poly-amorous relationships centred around a Spanish artist played by Javier Bardem, hardly recognizable as the psychopathic Shigur from off of 'No Country For Old Men'. If I hadn't known it was directed by Woody Allen, I probably wouldn't have guessed. It's a fairly light piece of work with not much in the way of a plot, but it is gorgeously filmed really showing off the beauty of the Spanish cities and countryside, with a charming soundtrack too. The blue skies and sun drenched streets were enough to make me dream of lazy summer days. Just goes to show that you don't need car chases, explosions or CGI monsters to create an enjoyable 90 minutes of cinematic entertainment.

Incoming updates on the app store today, including the Christmas themed bits for Minigore and a new map for Eliminate Pro, which I really must try out at some point, but first just one more game of geoSpark and then Animal Crossing ...

No comments: