Thursday, December 31, 2009

Time Passing

When I was younger the year 2000 seemed an impossibly distant dream.

Ten years ago, I was watching fireworks explode over Sheffield, almost incredulous at having reached that particular moment in time. Now, another ten years have passed almost in a blink. I am in a much happier place than I was then, and apart from my health being a bit crappy this year I am feeling optimistic about another notch on the bedpost of time.

Looking forward, I am really enjoying studying again (as you probably will have gathered from my posts recently) and I intend to start building up the amount of exercise I do (and hopefully losing a bit of weight as well). My last year's resolution to read a book a week was a success, although academic reading has cut back on my leisure reading recently.

Best wishes to everyone reading this!

1 comment:

Saz D said...

Before I started M150 I was doing a lot of research into post war architecture and building up a website about it but now all my free time is taken studying.

I have found the OU to be a little bit addictive. There are so many other courses not related to my chosen degree that I want to do (especially art in the twentieth century and the heritage courses)but just do not have the time! (or the money lol)