Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Signs that I *may* be getting old

1) As is traditional, I didn't shave for a couple of days over Christmas (hey, I wasn't going out of the house, so I can look like a tramp if I want to). However, I was slightly miffed to note that my salt-and-pepper beard is now composed of rather more salt than pepper. In fact, if I let it grow out I have a horrible suspicion that I would end up looking like Santa.

2) I was contemplating the mysteries of the universe this morning when I felt a twinge in my back that rapidly turned into more of a somebody-jabbing-hot-needles-into-my-back sort of feeling that persisted for most of the day and is only now just about wearing off with the aid of some ibuprofen.

3) I was delighted to discover that my iPod has spontaneously generated a 'Honky Tonk' genius mix consisting of Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys, Hank Williams and Johnny Cash.

4) Clothes that I think make me look natty and reasonably smartly dressed actually, I am reliably informed, make me look like a vicar. The irony of this has not escaped me.

5) I need an alarm clock with 5 cm high illuminated numbers so I can see it to tell the time without putting on my glasses in the night. Also, I am pleased to see that it has a 'nap mode'.

No comments: