Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cold as ice

Well, after all of the hoo-hah, the snow today only amounted to a bit of sleet this morning on the motorway and a few half hearted flakes this afternoon in Leeds. Supposedly there is some more on the way, but I'm not holding my breath. Bah - cumbug!

As we were going out straight from the office last night I locked my laptop in the cupboard again and put the key back in the consultant's desk drawer where it lives. Only problem was that she locked her drawer as well and took that key home with her which wouldn't have been a problem except that she wasn't in at half past eight this morning.

Cue a heavy sigh.

I then rang her work mobile to see what time she would be in (and to find out if she was worse the wear from the previous night) only to hear her phone ringing on her desk.

Cue another heavy sigh.

Fortunately there was a spare PC to use until she sauntered in at ten o'clock, but it's always a hassle having to wait for Outlook to get its act in order the first time you login to it, and there were various things that I couldn't do because I wasn't a local administrator on that machine, but hey ho.

The office was a bit on the subdued side today apart from the sound of toy helicopters doing battle in the far corner. I've been sidelined onto some system testing which might be tedious but at least I can plug my earphones in and get on with following the test scripts.

MiniGore kill count 60273

No comments: