Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Daily Post - Wednesday

I went out for a walk at lunchtime today.

Originally I was just going to go to the retail park to get some money out of the cash machine, but before I put my card in I noticed that it was charging £1.60 for withdrawals. This struck me, to put it mildly, as a bleedin’ liberty. If you are just getting £10 out, it works out as a 16% charge just for the privilege of getting your hands on some of your own money. ‘Forget about that’, I thought, or words to that effect.

As a result I ended up walking another mile or so to the shopping precinct next to the armouries to get my money out where the cash machine was free but I was tempted by the prospect of a mango frappaccino from the Starbucks next door which cost nearly twice as much as the charge that I had just walked all that way to avoid. I fear that there may be madness in my method.

I had had some hopes of seeing the sun when I went out but it was gloomy and overcast, so I spent the afternoon feeling tired and glum. Still, at least I have a lightbox on order now so I hope that will improve things when it arrives.

In games news, I picked up a brand new copy of ‘Call of Juarez’ from one of my workmates who was on his way to trade it in today. I enjoyed playing ‘Gun’ a couple of years ago as long standing readers will probably recall, so hopefully this will satisfy my urge to strap on a pair of six shooters and raise cain until Rockstar’s ‘Red Dead Redemption’ comes out next year. I’ve always had a certain fascination for Civil War era westerns and I’m looking forward to seeing how this game plays out.

No comments: