Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Daily Post - Tuesday

I have good days and I have bad days.

I had been feeling cautiously optimistic about my energy levels over the weekend, staying awake in the evening and then getting a reasonable stretch of uninterrupted sleep until the morning. However, yesterday felt like not only going back to square one but to some other negative space on the other side of the board. By yesterday evening as the light faded outside I felt my energy sapping away until I was struggling to even get out of the chair. I tried to watch the last but one episode of season one of True Blood, but I fell asleep halfway through with no conscious recollection of even closing my eyes.

On reflection, the deciding factor was that Saturday was sunny and bright, and Monday morning when I got up was dark enough to need a torch. I think that I am going to try and get hold of a light box to see if that helps at all, or failing that perhaps I should just hibernate for the next six months. Knowing my luck though, I'd probably just wake up in the middle of December and be unable to get back to sleep until the Spring.

In happier news, I now have a high score of 44 on Orbital on the iPhone, and I've also managed to clear ten of the hard levels on Geodefense after having been stuck on one particularly tricky one for several weeks. TheRev informs me that Geodefense : Swarm is now out, so I feel another purchase coming on.

Podcast of the day was another gem from The Moth, where a tale of a talk given to a kindergarten class manages to be both funny and tragic at the same time.

No comments: