Sunday, September 13, 2009

Daily Post - Sunday

Yesterday was probably the last nice day of the summer, so we made the most of it with a BBQ last night. As well as the usual accoutrements I tried out a recipe that I've had my eye on for a while - cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapeƱo thingies, and I can exclusively report that they are spanking gorgeous. The one change that I made to the recipe was to thread them onto longer kebab skewers for ease of barbecuing, and I reckon that they took about 20 minutes.

Music wise, we started with the 'Other' Genius Mix on my iPhone which seems to encompass 50s music and jazz - so we had Miles Davies, Billie Holiday and so on, until a particularly, erm, challenging bit of experimental jazz by Eric Dolphy came on so we switched to 'Punk and Alternative' instead, listening to 'When the Sun Goes Down' by the Arctic Monkeys as the sun went down. Aces.

Podcast of the day comes on the recommendation of Nancy. A Life Well Wasted covers video games and the people who love them, and is superbly produced and entertaining. The current episode covers such subjects as video game cosplay, game art and fan made radio dramas of Kingdom Hearts which I suspect may well be of interest to some folk on my friends list ... :-)

No comments: