Sunday, August 23, 2009

Daily Post - Sunday

With a certain degree of sodding typicalness, I slept through until nearly eight o'clock this morning on the last day of my week off work. Ah well, it's back to six o'clock starts tomorrow. I'm still feeling aching and tired, so I guess I just have to soldier on.

I wasn't overly impressed with the first X-Factor show last night, and I only really watched it with half an eye on the screen whilst twittering to see the usual mix of wannabes, sob stories and hopelessly deluded fools being publicly humiliated. Wake me up when it's nearer the final and they've sorted out some people that can actually sing. Rather amusingly I had a notification in my email that I am now being followed by Simon Cowell on Twitter. Wonder if it's the real one or a spammer?

Much more enjoyable was the Acid Trip cocktail that I mixed up (1.5 Midori, 1 Rum, 1 Tequila, 1 Gin. Shake with ice) and our traditional Saturday night chilli followed by two more episodes of our Summer Buffy-thon. We are nearing the end of the season now, and I was surprised at how much I'd forgotten. Last two episodes tonight I think, and then we might make a start on True Blood to see if it lives up to the hype.

This is an Acid Trip - Midori, Gin, Tequila and Rum ... on Twitpic

We finished filling in Alicia's forms for accommodation this afternoon complete with a direct debit mandate for scary amounts of money - not far short of what we pay on the mortgage every month in fact. Yikes. I've also been dropping heavy hints about things that Alicia needs to get on with sorting out herself before moving in less than two weeks now.

Podcast of the day is The Moth, with the theme being true stories, related live and without notes in front of an audience. I listened to two recent ones today - Amy Cohen talking about being diagnosed with a genetic predisposition for breast cancer and Robert Ooogh relating his bizarre experiences as a first time visitor to the Burning Man festival. Each story is around fifteen minutes or so, and I'll certainly be subscribing to this one and picking up some earlier episodes off iTunes.

Right, time for a coffee and another Collings and Herrin live podcast.

No comments: