Thursday, February 01, 2007

Give me strength

Oh good grief.

Are people incapable of reading what is on the screen in front of them all of a sudden? I had a call today from somebody complaining that she was getting an 'invalid path on set up file' error. I asked her if the path on the set up file happened to be invalid for some reason, like for example they had moved all the folders around on one of their regular server reorganisation sessions leaving the path pointing to a folder that no longer exists. The solution is to browse for the correct folder, something that should be reasonably obvious but plainly isn't.

I don't know quite how many times I have answered the question "why isn't this on site day coming up on the expenses report" with the simple answer that they haven't put any expenses rates against the contract.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I know what you mean...I keep getting mails from Heads of Finance asking why some people have recorded time but costs not appearing on the UK ledger...er...perhaps because they are based in Belgium and not on the UK ledger??? Geez!