Saturday, November 18, 2006

A confession

I've been lax. I've neglected my work and now I've got to play catch up. Time is marching on and consequences are due.

Yes, it's been three weeks since I last played Animal Crossing, and Dogwood is overrun with weeds. At least all of my animals were present and correct, and pleased to see me. Savannah asked me if I'd been on vacation or something, and then called me a twunt for leaving her to do the gardening on her own. I managed to find one fossil which is no mean feat given the autumnal colours make them next to impossible to spot, but it turned out to be yet another trilobite.

My real work, in contrast, seems to be going smoothly enough. I just had to log on a couple of times to check progress. If it's all done tomorrow, I might be able to get a head start on updating the subsystems that I am responsible for, otherwise it's going to be done on Monday morning.

In other news, I've reimported my media library on my laptop so I can listen to music off the server via wifi. I've just had John Otway singing 'Whoops Apocalypse' and now I've got Luther Wright singing something suitably morose in a C&W stylee. Hurrah!

No comments: