Monday, October 30, 2006

Boom! Boom! Out go the lights!

What happened to the daylight?

It was dark this morning at half past six and it's dark again now as I take the dog out for his statutory walk. I know that the clocks have gone back - I changed eleven of them, not counting the one on the microwave oven that I can't remember how to operate - but my internal body clock still seems to be on summer time.

I woke up at five this morning and watched the clock for an hour before getting up. The dog is an hour out too - he was making hopeful whines and yelps from four o'clock onwards. I feel sluggish and tired with zero motivation. Have I mentioned how much I dislike this time of year? Yuck.

Still, the Samhain gathering was a good chance to catch up with people that I haven't seen for far too long, and it reminded me of how much I enjoy sitting by a fire in the dusk.



samhain 020

samhain 003

samhain 022

samhain 006

No comments: